Tom's Truss

Tom,

I've got the cable front and rear trusses on my scout. My understanding is
they were a factory option in 79 and the axle's are out of one. So maybe
they're factory.

The trusses are tensioned by having a threaded section on each end of the
cable with a BIG nut. I'd imagine you could bend the axle with the thing.

The arraingement is kind of funky on the passenger side front where a U
bracked goes through the open knuckle with just a hair of cleariance for the
U-Joint.

I guess they're kind of unusual as the guy who rebuilt my rear axle said
he'd never seen one in his 20 years. Only ones I've ever seen on a scout
too.

Good luck

Tom Reed