Re: Brake bleeding

John Hofstetter wrote:

> When you say slave cylinder are you meaning the master cylinder? If
> so, there is no bleeding to be done there.
> John H.

No, John, I was always told that the small auxillary cylinder that helps
push the clutch was called the slave cylinder.  This is a '63 with the
single master cylinder controlling both the brakes and the clutch.  If you
follow the line from the clutch half of the master cylinder down to its
next stop-in the case of the 6 cylinder 220, to the other side of the
block in the rear near the tranny-there is a small cylinder here that
controls the clutch.  This is the cylinder I am speaking of.  I think it
just serves to "amplify" the pressure exerted by the MC to the clutch.

Michael