Re: Test & Tom's Tranny

Daniel Nees wrote:

> Bad news Tom!
>
>    That ring is from either the input or output shaft. There are a bunch
> of steel rings on the shaft, you must have busted one and not noticed it
> was missing. I'm pretty certain you MUST have it on there. You should
> have received a bag full of steel rings with your rebuild kit.

Dan,

I did get a full bag of steel rings, and I took this ring and tried to
match it up with the parts in the rebuild kit... *this* particular ring
was larger than any of the steel rings supplied.  It's not the small-ish
inter-locking rings on the input shaft, or one of the other small rings
for the output shaft (which I still haven't taken apart).

It was... well, I guess it was about the size of the input bushing, but
it wasn't the input bushing, it was a steel ring.  I'm still not sure
where it would've come from..

I *did* check tho'!  I'll look at it again when I get home.. hopefully I
won't be ready to just fall asleep by then.. ;-)

-Tom