CV joint and autos on a SOA

Just a note for thoes of you interested in a cv joint with a spring over
and an automatic.

Somebody said it cant be done. That is using a cv joint with an automatic
727 trans in a Scout 2 with a spring over. I will have to disagree since I
have a good friend who has one installed and it works great. We went and
tested his new 33-10.50 15 swampers today and I crawlecd under to look at
it and sure enoug it was a cv joint alright.

In addition to that he did a reverse shackle with a buggl spring and only
gained 1". This was possible by not having the huge towers sticking down in
the front. I believ this to be the best of both worlds since you get the
springs above the axle and you get the reverse shackle. So if you guys are
going to do a reverse shackle why not do it in combo with a spring over and
short towers so the dont stick down and get hit so much up front. Just a
thought.

Fleckster
who is anticipating getting his 2wd Postal Scout to built a SOA/Reverse
shackle/buggy spring front and a 3/4 eliptical SO on the rear with 35 inch
tires and Dana 60s. Can you say feature rig in a mag for the future?

                        John L Fleck
                     1225 N.E. McGee Way
                     Pullman, Wa. 99163
        Phone#  509 332-7565
        E-MAIL  jlfleck@domain.elided
        ICQ #   8536313                 GOD bless you
        Personal Web Site: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck

               Washington State University Alumni