Re: POR's Metal Ready

>Farmer wrote:
>
>> Do you think a solvent would be the best first step to address oils &
>> greases?
>>
>> Then follow with rinse, phosphoric acid, rinse again?
>
>How about good old MEK?

Lye's a lot cheaper, and I haven't heard the EPA bitch about it being a
carcinogen yet!--Of course, you darn sure want to wear some good heay
rubber gloves (and safety glasses, or better yet a face shield) when
working with strong lye! Plus--I don't think that KEK will get off any
remaining paint or mill varnish the way lye will!

Lye is as easy to get as buying a couple of cans of "Red Devil" drain
cleaner at the grocery store.

Greg