Re: Travelall - it lives

aniel Nees wrote:
>    Doesn't that intake coolant fitting go to the heater core?

I see 3 fittings.

One on the thermostat housing.  One on the intake (or on the block?)
right next to the thermostat housing.  On my Scout, this is where the
heater core lines run to, so I ran the heater lines to these same two
locations on the Travelall.

On the 392 in the T'all (with the 345 2bbl intake), there's a THIRD
fitting, sitting on top of the intake runners, near the #6 or #8
cylinder.  At first I had the heater attached to this.. then I noticed
the other fitting up front, and double checked on the Scout to confirm
*that* is where the heater goes (heater also has two long hoses that
reach, which makes me think they *do* go all the way to the
waterpump/thermostat area)

I wonder if I could just buy a big plug for it.. ;)

>    Your tranny won't operate right without the kickdown rod hooked up.

"right"?  The "race tranny" had the kick-down zip-tied so it wouldn't
work at all.. and as such, I lack the kick-down linkage for my racer at
the moment.. I guess I need to find some linkages pretty quick then,
huh?

Kickdown linkage is *there* on the T'all, but not attached currently (it
came w/o the intake attached, so the tranny linkage was just sitting
there)

I'll start fiddlin' with that soon...

Thanks, Dan.

-Tom