Hooking up the A/C

HOT!!! It's really hot!!!!!
 So I want to get my A/C running. My '73 Scout
apparantly had factory A/C, but the DPO disconnected
it.
 I have the under dash piece and figured out how to
bolt it back in....but the compressor is also out.
Aren't there supposed to be some electrical
connections on the compressor?
 It's the York type compressor (weighs about 400 lbs
:)
but I can't find anything that looks like a connection
on it.
 No telling how long the compressor has been off the
truck...can you rebuild them? Better to buy a new
unit?
Thanks for any advice,

===
Russ D.