Re: Wheeling before NWBRU in Wa

Message text written by INTERNET:ScoutIIMan@domain.elided
> I'll be up in Washington
starting around the 4th. I'd like to do some wheeling. Even if you're not
going, can some of you Washington Binders point me to places to go? E-mail
me
off digest if you have any info for me.<

Steve,

  There's a really scenic area on the north side of Mt Rainier.  Evans
Creek Off Road Vehicle Park, it's in the national forest (state forest?).
Everything from family sedan trails to ones so difficult hardly anyone can
do them.  One fairly easy trail takes you up to a little plateau where you
look over at the mountain and it seems like you're eyeball to eyeball with
the summit, actually you're probably only 4000  feet, but it's pretty
spectacular.  Several campgrounds with water/toilets.  About 80 miles SE of
Seattle.   Follow the signs from the Carbon River entrance to the park.
I'm planning a trip up there the 27th of this month.

  Keep in touch before you head  there.  They had some road wash outs the
last couple of winters, so I'm not 100% sure it's open.   Maybe some NW
Digesters know the road status.

Doug