Things going wrong

You had to say it, Walter!

This morning I remembered that I hadn't changed the input seal on the
727 pump.  This is particularly important since, when I pulled the 345
and 727 from the wrecked hulk of a race Scout, it was lying on the
ground and "yanking" was the best solution.. so the motor and TC came
out as a unit, and I'm sure some force was applied to the input shaft
and bushing which probably damaged it.

It's awfully tempting to just fill the tranny and run it.. *BUT* *NOW*
is the time if I want to pull the motor again and put a new seal on.
That *should* solve the issue, right?

Glad I only have the p/s and throttle cable wired up at the moment..
lessee, jack the trans up a little, unbolt motor mounts, hook hoist up,
lift motor, unbolt 727, slide motor away... screw something into the
seal n' remove, install new seal - FIT THE TC TO THE FLEXPLATE AND
MARK..

Then swing the motor back into place, line things up *again*, draw it
together with the bellhousing bolts, and drop it back down.

I sure hope it goes quick n' well.  Throws a bit of a wrench into
things.. :-(

-Tom