Electric Fans?

Does anybody run (GOOD) electric fans on their rig? I am interested in doing
this but have many concerns. I have had several guys tell me that the Spahl
(not sure of the spelling) is a good choice. I saw a Ford with these on it
and it looked real nice. The guy had two of them on the radiator with a
custom aluminum shroud. It was a little noisy when they kicked on but It
cooled perfectly and had the automatic thermal switch with a manual overide
toggle. My SII runs hotter than I like and it may be the clutch fan. I have
considered replacing that with a non-clutch type fan but I am intrigued by
the electric setup. Would I gain any HP from this and would it be worth the
effort?

Walt