Hot start problem

Tom, I resent this and copied the digest 'cause I got it kicked back to me.

Tom,
Is it possible that the fact that I don't have the correct thermostat in that is causing the manifold to get to hot?  I forget what the correct one is called, (Robertshaw PN 370-180?)but I know that I just got one that fit in the hole, Dodge app.  I remeber hearing that if you use a "normal" thermostat in it, the bypas circuit won't be used efficiently, or overused.  My temp guage works, I think, but it never comes up much over the low end of the normal operating range line, then again could be caused by the incorrect 'stat.  What else would make it boil over?  Could it be leaking down through the base gasket?  There is no fuel visible out on the manifold.
---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20