S80 on a SII Frame?

Have any of you "Gurus" out there ever tried an 80 on a SII frame? I am
thinking of trying this and preliminary measurements look good. I would like
to use the existing 345/727 combination. I have a set of 6 hole Dana 44s
from my old Jeep J-10 with 4.11 trac-locs to go in as well.
Any input would be appreciated and useful.

Walt (Hacksaw) Evitts

'61 Scout 80 (project)
'62 Scout 80 (parts?)
'73 Scout II (newly acquired from Steve Tucker)
'78 Scout II (daily driver and getting sweeter and sweeter every day)