Neutral Safety Switch

How's this for a convoluted question.

I have a 304V8 that started life in a '77 Scout II w/ a 727 behind it.
A 345 was swapped in it's place, and this 304 received a flywheel and
clutch, and was installed in a different '77 SII in front of a T19.  I
just pulled the motor from my friend's '77 race SII, and put it into my
~'78 Scout II chassis that originally had a 727, with a 727 behind it.

Two connectors are on the engine wiring harness.  One "4wd Indicator"
2-pin plug (3 pin plug, 2 attached) that goes to the transfer case.
Another plug has 3 pins and they are all attached.  I removed this from
the T19 back-up switch, and I just stuck it onto my 727 neutral switch.

What I'm trying to figure out is.. since the motor originally had a 727
but then a 4spd, what would have been done to the neutral safetly switch
wire?  Can you just stick it on a T19 switch and it'll run, or has this
been bypassed somewhere else on the truck?  Is this even an issue?

I'm supposed to have the neutral switch to race.  I'm just not sure if
the "switch wires" are in-tact and useable as-is, or if they're not.
I'll find *something* out when I try to start it in the next day or two
I'm sure.. ;-)

Any ideas on how this 727 --> T19 --> 727 conversion would actually work
out on the motor?

I'm hoping to just use the stock wiring and a complete steering column
w/ key.. it's simple n' easy if it works.  If it doesn't, I hot wire it.
:-)

-Tom