Starting Problems

My Scout is up to not starting again. Last time I cured it by replacing
the gold box. So far I found that a wire for the electric fuel pump that
the PO had installed had come off. So I reconnected it (guessed where on
the fuse panel, think it is the right spot because it acts as it did
before). I changed out the gold boax again with another spare that is
supposed to work, but I can't attest to this. It looked at bit beat up
so I put the other one back in (the one that has been runing good for a
week). BTW it started fine in the garage, but I stalled it out on the
street in front of the house and it will not start from there. After
letting it sit a while I was able to get it to fire once, then nothing.
I am about out of guesses on what to do nest and could use some advice.

Thanks,

David Nuenke
76 Scout II
Spirit Edition