RE: Fwd: When Interfaces Kill

John wrote:

> It would be interesting if it were halfway correct.
>
> The LongEZ is very similar to the Cozy I'm building.  The Cozy is
> basically
> a widened Long.  The fuel systems are nearly identical.  This is not a
> subject with which I am unfamiliar.  So let us begin........

<snip>

Darn it, John!  I enjoyed the heck out of that post!  You wrecked it for me.
I'm constantly involved in ergonomics, human factors, and man-machine
interfaces, and I can't tell you how excited I was about such a good
example.  Arg, back to the theoreticals...

Still, the concept of customizing controls for one particular body size, and
then selling it sounds like less-than-perfect judgement.  Not to say it
can't be done, shouldn't be illegal, or was the cause of the problem, etc.
But - from a usability standpoint, generally, any control that you can't
easily see is poorly designed.

Then again, I live with poor ergonomics in my IHs, and figure the
disadvantages are outweighed by other advantages of these old beasts.

ken farmer
pharmer@domain.elided