Brake booster vacuum fitting

My brakes tried to die on me this morning. When I
checked the vacuum hose running to the booster I found
that the 'elbow' fitting attached to it had developed
a fatal crack.
  As a temporary fix I shoved the hose itself into the
rubber grommet on the booster, but it is leaking as
well. Does this rubber grommet come out? Or is it
attached to something inside the booster? Didn't want
to pull on it for fear of its breaking without a handy
replacement.
  Are the rubber grommet and white elbow piece
available at parts stores, or are they special order?
My truck tries to die everytime I hit the brakes.
Thanks,

===
Russ D.
'73 Scout II 304