Re: Ed's blowing oil

LATE BREAKING NEWS: cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees) wins the 40 million
dollar lottery and says:

>How long does
>it take for that to happen in a 258?

About 150,000 miles give or take. <grin>

Dumb question... did you guys break the glaze in the cylinder walls with a
hone?  Did you measure the cylinder for taper and out-of-round?  What were
the measurements?  Many engines restrict the taper and out-of-round to only
0.0020" or less (I don't know about the AMC 258).  A taper or out of round
greater than that and the rings might never seal the cylinder completely.

Just a depressing thought I thought I'd toss in.

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |"I don't care if you think it's your right.
Conservative Libertarian        | I say: Sorry, it's 1999. We have had
Life Member of the NRA          | enough as a nation. You are not allowed
WA Arms Collectors              | to own a gun, and if you do own a gun
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | I think you should go to prison."
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |        -- Talk-show host Rosie O'Donnell