StP day 2

Saturday trip report.
   Saturday morning we met at the local dinner so we could meet up with
Charlie Bierly. After breakfast we headed out to the trail.
   We headed down a nasty washboard road, i.e. really bumpy. When we
reached a little stream we stopped for a group truck shot. We never did
get a group people shot, it slipped my mind, DUH!
   From there we winded down a nice sugar sand road with a few small mud
puddles, till we stopped to try a side road with 6 puddles in it. I took
a shot at it. The first two puddles with no problems, the center puddle,
however; was a crater! If it wasn't for my 37;1 crawl and tight
Power-Lok I would have needed to take a strap. As it was I was WAY of
camber with water washing over the drivers side fender of BAD. Once out
of that puddle the last 2 were a piece of cake.
   From there we continued down till we broke over to Muddy Road, which
is home of the Monster Mud Puddle, last years Nemisis. Being the nut
that I am, I gave it a shot. By taking the left hand side of the puddle
I was able to avoid the deep ruts that the Monster truck guys left there
and made it through without event, I even tried it the opposite way
without a problem.
   Then, someone says, Hey Dennis, your turn!. (I don't who know said
that! <g>) Well, Dennis hops into Snow Ghost, miss August, Scouts West
1999, and gives it a shot. Dennis got the identicle spot he got to last
year and had the identicle thing happen to him, his ignition died right
in the middle of the puddle. It may or may not have been his Gold Box
again, but after replacing it with one of the THREE spares he now
carries he got it started and was able to drive out.
   Sele Scull then tried it and slid sideways into the center of the
puddle only to get stuck without any kind of locking device in his axles
I had to pull him out.
   As we were preparing to leave Mike Moran's coil went on him.
Fortunantly, Kent Robinson had one in Sparky and we were soon on our way
again.
   From there we went to a sand pit to play in. There was a puddle in
the center that was only about a foot wide, but about 2 feet deep. Mike
Moran tried to cross it only to nosed right in. This required quite a
bit of tugging to get him out because there was no flat land to pull on,
so I had to pull backwards, up hill.
   That was the main events of the day. Everyone had a good time and
partook in the style of driving they were comfortable with.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

3 Scout's, one shotgun, 20/20 vision.

http://www.triplediamond.org