Scout the Pinelands, day 1

Friday's trip report.
   Friday was a fairly easy day, mostly just sitting around and setting
up and talking. I got to the campground at 9 AM.
   Dennis Petterson arrived soon after that. Lori, his wife, and George,
stayed behind while Dennis drove to Long Illand, NY to look at a CVI
that Mike Moran has.
   After he left Jean Smith and her boyfriend Rob, their friends Ryan
and Andrea arrived from Brooklyn. It was very nice to meet them for the
first time and see her Scout, 1980 196, 3sp. This was a very nice
vehicle, except it was hit not long after she bought it.
   The rest of the people to attend were, Mike Moran and his son, Mike
with his 79 Scout II, Sarah & Kent Robinson and Amos thier dog with
thier 74 IH P-up and camper and Sarah's Barbie Dream Scout 800, Roger
Jones with his 67 SportTop, Dan MacIntire with his friend Bill, Mark
from Arizone (living in NJ) with his Arizona lived 74 Scout II, Ron
&Suzanne Spohn and thier nephew Andrew with thier 1980 Scout II, Sele
Scull with his 1979 Scout II, Joe Costanzo and his GF Nicole with his 79
Scout II (named Nina), Mark Palguta with his 1980 CVI Raven (named AK-47
story to follow), and lastly my friend Chuck and his '98 Ranger :-(.
Also attending on Saturday only was Charlie Bierly and Joan, his wife
with his 79? Traveler.
   As I said friday was not very active, Jean, Rob and comp., and I went
out to a local sand pit to play in for a while. This was where our first
stuck of the weekend occured. Rob was attempting to climb over a large
sand hill that I had climbed, after about 8 tries. His first try failed
for lack of speed, on his second pass he had it, but; just before
completley cresting the hill he stalled! At which point he sunk like a
rock. I pulled him off without much problem and after a while we
returned to camp.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

3 Scout's, one shotgun, 20/20 vision.