Final Interior Plans

After waffling on the details for a good year, I think that I've got all the
details worked out on the restore of the interior of my scout.  Here are the
details, if you have any comments or suggestions, please send them!

1.  Replace rusty steel with new steel
    - This is complete, but of course there remains a little rusty steel

2.  Beadblast entire interior to remove all existing paint
    - Pending - hopefully complete in 10 days
    - Almost everything has been removed and is ready
    - SHOULD I REMOVE TOP & HAVE SHOP BLAST RAIL ALSO?
    - ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR PROTECTING DASH ELECTRONICS & GAUGES?

3.  Paint everything with 2 coats of POR-15 and 2 coats of POR primer
    - Pending, but supplies have been purchased and are on-hand ($72)
    - Will first use their "metal ready" product - an acid to remove
whatever on steel
    - Will also paint fender interiors.  Not sure how to control paint
thickness.
    - I'll be brushing instead of spraying.  This stuff is *really* toxic
    - I'll still be using a good mask - there are cyanide-related materials
in the paint

4.  Paint everything with an interior paint
    - need to determine brand o paint

5.  Cover interior floor with rubber roof insulation material (identical to
dynamat)
    - still need to order, estimated cost is $70

6.  Cover floor with vinyl/rubber floor material.
    - I figure that I'll get some very large sheets, and cut them to fit
inside tub
    - SHOULD I GO UP SIDES OF INTERIOR A FEW INCHES?
    - Then I'll install seats on top of this vinyl/rubber layer
    - ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR BRAND/ETC OR ANYTHING ELSE?

7.  This will provide me with painted door interiors (I'll be using some
steel door panels), painted sides, and a rubber/vinyl floor.  Any other
suggestions for the interior sides?

Hopefully, this will go well.  Then, I'll have new seats, new beefy bumpers,
and a winch to carry me through the summer.  Oh yeah, and I better figure
out what kind of top to get.  It gets darned cold up here at altitude, but
I'd love to just live with a bikini top for the first year!

Thanks,

Ken Farmer
1980 Scout II
1974 Travelall