Re: brake line extensions, 16 inch rims

Jason Colavecchia wrote:

> Tom, you said those extensions were for the front brakes...does this
> mean they should work for the rear brakes too??? (probably a dumb
> question)

I don't believe so.  My data indicates the front lines use 7/16
fittings, while the rear line is 3/8.  So the extensions (7/16 to 7/16)
will only work on the front.

I haven't ordered any yet, but will before too much time passes.  I used
the '85 E350 rear line on my daily driver, and will probably opt for the
longer WAG line for my racer.

On the front of my racer, I'll just get long Chevy lines since it has
Chevy calipers. ;)

> IMHO, 16" rims do not give you much advantage on a Scout II.  The only
> types of tread and load ratings are not as varied as the 15" rim sizes.

The benefit to a 16" wheel would be less sidewall on big tires, which
would mean better handling.  Even on a 16" rim, 38" Swampers have LOTS
of sidewall (enough that, when aired down, my friend has wrinkles)