Bell housing

Russ,
I just did a major swap of trannies, bellhousing, drive trains, and the like.  I also needed a bellhousing since I switched from auto to four speed.  The 304 I bought had a three speeed column shift out of a '69 1100 pickup.  Its the same bellhousing as my '77 Terra.  I did have to drill out the castings for the lower two mounting bolts for the four speed.  A simple fix.  There is a number on the bell housing right behind the starter cast into the outside of the housing.  Check that.  I can confirm or deny if its the same or not.
Good luck
---
Layda,
Tark