Re: Brake bleeding

I think this is the problem too.  I had the same thing, a re-buil Master
Cylinder took about 15 minutes to put in (would have taken less if I had
access to a vise and could have accessed my tools (grr, I need my own
place!).

incidently, I paid $12 and it was in stock.  a re-build kit @ $30 would
have had to be ordered, plus, on mine at least, the bore probably would
have been rusted beyond repair.

Joe

... Windows NT: The epitome of Crippleware.

On Wed, 26 May 1999 22:43:51 GMT jlandry@domain.elided (John A. Landry)
writes:

>I'd start with a rebuilt master cylinder... or just replace the seals
>yourself.  Either way is a reasonably cheap way to try and eliminate
>the
>problem.  I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised with the result.  It
>will
>eliminate your soft pedal, but of course you may still have
>proportioning
>issues that can only be addressed by installing an adjustable valve
>(from
>Summit or Jegs, etc.).
>
>Let us know how it works out and for goodness sake... stop wasting
>brake
>fluid!  <grin>
>
>John L.
>
>jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |"I don't care if you think it's your
>right.
>Conservative Libertarian        | I say: Sorry, it's 1999. We have
>had
>Life Member of the NRA          | enough as a nation. You are not
>allowed
>WA Arms Collectors              | to own a gun, and if you do own a
>gun
>Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | I think you should go to prison."
>http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |        -- Talk-show host Rosie
>O'Donnell

Joe Dufresne email (normal) Josad@domain.elided email (with attachments)
josad76@domain.elided, ICQ #25751950, homepage
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/index.html, Scout Page
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/scoutf.html PGP public key
avadiable upon request

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]