Re: Oil Filter base

Tom. John et al:  Sanded base on a piece of glass with 1000 wetdri and
it was pretty flat to start with so it cleaned up fine.  Gasket was
pretty well crystalized after 24 years so I really couldn't tell if that
hole was my problem or not.  Anyhow I put a new gasket on dressed with
vasoline PJ and it is not leaking and the oil pressure is the same.  If
anybody does know what that hole is I would like to know.   TIA

Al