Re: 1/4 eliptical

On Sat, 22 May 1999, Paul Brakefield wrote:

> It appears that the springs are drilled, matching holes are drilled in the
> frame, and then they are bolted on with the eyes to the rear.  Pads are
> used between the spring and the frame along with a pin system to keep them
> retained when not offroading.  Mount your shackles to the 1/4 and to your
> regular rear spring.

Close, Paul - but you just described a 3/4 eliptical suspension.

1/4 is only a single (or pack) of HALF LEAVES.. though I guess full
leaves COULD be used.

One end of the leaf is affixed to the frame.  Single center bolt, U-bolt
around the frame, or some variation.

The other end is either attached to, or rides loosely on, the top of the
axle housing.  The axle is then located via a 4-link or 5-link system.