It's Home!

My Scout is finally home! Luckly everything went well today, it handled
the 200 plus drive great despite not having being driven much for the
past 6 months. The PO did inform me that it is suffring from the hot
starting problem, so I plan to replace the starter tomorrow. I was also
pleasently surprised by the presence of a 30 gallon tank. The only other
mechanical problem that I noticed is alot of slop in the steering. My
Dad and I looked at it once we got home and determined that there is a
lot of play in the joint right before the steering box. We are thinking
that this is what is causing the problem. Any opinions and on digagnosis
as well as a good course of action to fix this? The engine ran great, no
missing and lots of power, and it ran cool the whole way in 85 degree
heat. (It also got 15.4 mpg) I was pleasantly surprised by the mileage,
I just hope that it keeps up. A quick inspection of the soft top (not on
the truck) showes it to be in better shape than I inspected. I did not
see any large holes, so maybe all I need is a good repair job. :)

David Nuenke
76 Scout II Spirit Edition
345, t-19 wide, 31x10.5's, and a starter on the fritz