Re: Where's the engine go?

>Okay, I know where it goes, generally.  I need to know precisely.  I'm
>starting to put things back together again.  I cut out the old motor mounts
>for the 196, now I'm putting the 345 back in.  I'm re-using the 196 mounts.
>(If anyone is considering doing this, the old 196 mount on the passenger
>side bolts up to the 345 directly.  The mount on the driver's side is
>another matter. I had to fabricate a new mounting bracket by cutting apart
>the old bracket to work around the oil filter.  If you want specifics of
>this bracket, contact me directly.)
>
>Now I need to weld back the frame brackets, but I'm not exactly sure where
>to locate these. I'm not able to install the transmission right now, still
>waiting on my flywheel and new crossmember, but If anybody with a 345 in a
>Scout 800 could give me some pretty precise measurements, I could go ahead
>and weld in the mounts.  My front crossmember is in the stock location for a
>V8 now, so how far back from the crossmember is the crankshaft pulley?  How
>low is the pulley in relation to the crossmember?  Is the center of the
>pulley above, even with, or below the crossmember and if so, by how much?
>
>David Willmon
>Voice 409/875-3140  Fax 409/8875-3100
>dwillmo@domain.elided

I have a nasty feeling that you may have to relocate the front crossmember
to put a V-8 where it went, stock, in an 800. They go LOT further forward,
as does the radiator. Could get some measurements and descriptions if you
want, have a 4 cyl 80 and a V-8 800---

I think even the radiator mounting frame is pretty different between the two.

Greg