Re: Rolled Tubing Vs Sch 40

>> I have seen several post regarding rolled tubing and Sch 40 pipe, I am
>> uninformed about these matters could someone explain the superiority of the
>> tubing of the Sch 40. I bought  a Harbor Freight Bender and was
>>wondering what
>> the best bang for my buck was when I build a cage?

There are so many grades of pipe that it is comical. A-53 Grade F pipe is a
joke. A-53 Grade B used to be a better grade of WELDED seam pipe than it is
now do not remember the change. A-106, Grade B SEAMLESS pipe is EXCELLENT
stuff, and far stronger than any seamed tubing made of the same material.
Now--do you wnat std. wall, ex strong, double extra strong, schedule 5, 10,
20 , 30, 40, 80 or 160?? Carbon, stainless, or chrome-moly? (Although A-106
is a carbon steel grade.) I would have to check, but I believe that A-106
AND A-53 pipe are BOTH made from A-36 steel. If you are buying structural
tubing that is made from a stronger grade of structural steel than A-36,
then it will be stronger, but LESS ductile!

Confused yet??

Regards, Greg