Ed's Truck where it stands now

Reapers and Digesters,
   This is where we stand now. My NAPA, which can get me anything I need
in 4 hours, couldn't get me a friggin' piston for a common 258 AMC I6
engine. They thought they could and told me they would have it by this
afternoon, then when we stoped there at lunch time today they said they
couldn't get it.
   BUT, the machinist that was doing the head for us said that he may be
able to get one buy later that day, OR tomorrow afternoon. Well that is
just not a viable option.
   Since there was no conceivable way to get the engine done today we
decided that Ed would go home and come back this weekend when he has 2
days off. I tried to get him to let me drive him home, but; insistead on
renting a car and driving home himself.
   So, we called Northern Auto Parts http://www.naparts.com and asked
them about a piston and bearing. They had them and they are going to
second day them to me, they will be here on friday. The price, $16 for
the piston and $2 for the bearing. That is 1/4 the price one guy quoted
me today for the same piston for the same day, friday!
   We would have tried to get one out of the junkyard had we known there
was no way we were going to have one this afternoon. Since NAPA kept
telling me they would have it by today we just believed them, I never
had a reason not to.
   So, this weekend we should have the truck done and running.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

Good, getting a new heart.
Bad, growing UP.
Ugly, about to under go complete reconstructive surgery.

http://www.triplediamond.org