Re: My 392

Owen wrote:
> 180d off acts exactly like you describe. Or stuck advancer weights/vacuum
>
> If you had POINTS, you could see exactly when the points open.

I do have Points but I haven't looked and don't exactly know what I'm
looking for either. ;)

> I also had the case where I was one plug location off. #1 was on #8
> distributor location. Did that too.

When I changed distributor caps on the '72 304 in my '77 Scout II, the
new cap had #1 in a different spot than the old one did.. and I had to
shuffle the plug wires off 1 location to get it "right" again.

I'll try pulling the distributor and putting it back in 180 off
tonight.  First time I've ever yanked a distributor... worst that'll
happen is it still won't run I guess. <g>

Thanks, Owen.

-Tom