RE: My 392

Tom Mandera coughed:

> Went to fire it up.. still won't run.  Spits, coughs, belches.. but won't
> run.  It has gas.  It has spark.  We changed out the coil for a new Accel
> I had handy.  No change.  Pulled a plug (the new 'ones) and found gas on
> it - it has fuel.  Hooked the spark plug wire up to a "spark tester" I
> have - yup, got spark.

Tom,

Just shooting from the hip here, but what is the possibility that your exhaust
is plugged, thus creating too much back pressure for your engine to start.
You said you had lots of sunflower seeds in the motor itself, what about inside
the exhaust on either side of the muffler(s)?? Rodents crawling up your tail-
pipe(s) and building a nest??

Just an idea.....

John Townley
San Diego, CA