727 leak

From: George Humphrey <gbhx@domain.elided>
Subject: Tranny leak

           My 727 tranny is leaking pretty bad. I've tracked the leak
down to the cooler send and return, gearshift control, throttle lever
area.(Drivers side middle of tranny) John H. suggested to someone else
awhile ago that the control seal may be leaking. Can this seal be
replaced without dropping the tranny? Is it accessible after dropping
the
pan? Has anyone replaced this seal?

George H
72 Scout II
345

George,
I replaced the shifter seal from the top, through the tranny cover. When I
bought the seal, the tranny shop loaned me a tool to extract the old seal.
I used a socket with an extension to put the new one in. Tight working
quarters, but not too bad.

Yank