Re: The Reverse Too

John H wrote:
>It also speaks to the lack of galvanizing and/or other attempts at
rust proofing on the body parts. Can you imagine the state of our
preserved IHC's if all the body panels had been galvanized? <

John,

  Note that some (all?) 800's had the rear quarters galvanized.  The
majority are still rusted through in a couple of locations, but mainly near
the gas tanks.

  Some of the *rust magnet* aspects of the 800 make me wonder if it was
designed by an inexperienced group.   IH must have had numerous designers
with years of experience dealing with body panels, etc,  yet some of their
design decisions were obviously bad.   Or, it's also possible the designers
were working on a very limited budget.  If you take a glance at the inner
body panels of an 800, you'll see stuff that looks like it was made at your
local sheet metal shop.  Very little investment in large forming dies to
make smooth contoured panels, just flat sheet stock sheared and bent. with
nice little square corner pockets to collect debris and moisture.

 From my cursory observations in the rainy NW, I'd say Scout bodies, in
general, have not faired well in comparison to their contemporaries.  How
is it elsewhere?

Doug