Re: Funny ignition quirk

The aliens commander decided Russel DeArman <russde_93@domain.elided> would
make a perfect specimen for dissection, and he yelled...

>              Cylinder #'s
>
>            G 1          B 2
>
>            B 3          G 4
>
>            B 5          G 6
>
>            G 7          B 8
>G= noticable drop in idle
>B= no difference

Russ,

Don't assume automatically that this is ignition related!  Notice the
pattern matches the crossover design of the intake manifold exactly.
Without going out to my truck to verify, I think it might be logically
concluded that the right side of your carburetor is not providing enough
fuel.  Could it be that the idle mixture screw on the right side is
completely (or nearly) screwed in all the way?  This situation would starve
the affected cylinders of fuel so they wouldn't appreciably contribute to
engine power.  Grounding the plugs on these cylinders would yield no change
in the idle, because they aren't doing anything.

Worth a look IMHO.

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |"I don't care if you think it's your right.
Conservative Libertarian        | I say: Sorry, it's 1999. We have had
Life Member of the NRA          | enough as a nation. You are not allowed
WA Arms Collectors              | to own a gun, and if you do own a gun
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | I think you should go to prison.
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |        -- Talk-show host Rosie O'Donnell