RE: Ken's question #2

Willy wrote:
> I had the Okoli seat covers, standard high back not custom. They are
> well made but UV light (i think) ruined the material in a little over a
> year. Got the seats recovered with naugahide, I am happy with the
> material until I park in the sun and sit on them with shorts
> on.....ouch!

I thought I heard the same thing from our long-lost Hawaiian member.  I
don't really want to recover the seats, since I have a nice set of cloth
celica seats ready to go in.  I've seen advertisements for some cloth covers
to protect from mud/rain/stains.  They don't look at all custom, they look
more like a bag that you put over the seat, and tighten up somewhat.  Any
experience with this stuff?   I can get the micro-fiber material that's like
Gortex but much cheaper.  That would be ideal if it will survive the UVs!

Paul wrote:
>I would store it on its "back" side, not right or left.  Shouldn't take up
>any more room.

I think you are right.  I'll probably bolt it to a plywood frame with a
built-up part for the front windshield part.  That part will be built-up on
a "ramp" so that it will prevent sagging.

Ken