Pre-Installation Lubrication

Re my oil pump rebuild...

I was curious about one thing:

I noticed the IH manual says a coating of fresh motor oil is sufficient
lubrication.  Yet, I've heard of folks using everything from Vaseline to
Lubriplate and everything in between.  Is such additional lubrication truly
beneficial, or did the mfgr know what was best - then and now! Personal opinion
at the momment is, "stick with the manual". But I can be persuaded!

I'm open to opinions on this.

Many thanks,

--Pete

P.S.: If I get even 1/16 the number of comments the "Rosie" message generated,
I'll be happy.  Just my effort to raise the IH 'signal to noise' ratio! Glad to
see "Rosie" and the spawned threads moving "off-digest".

P.P.S.: Tom M & John L.: Guess I'll try to continue on and "one glove it" later
in the morning. I shouldn't need them much for this particular project any
longer after that anyhow! If I've got the time this weekend to do something on
the truck, why wait?!
--

pferris AT webzone DOT net
1972 Travelall 1010, 345, auto tranny.