Re: ps box steering arms

Tony Sobrito wrote:
> Ken, yes that could be one benefit. I am working on a spoa cross over
> steering conversion that will use 2 steering arms bolted to the knuckle
> tops. The steering ratio will change with both drag link and tie rod going
> above the leaf springs while getting closer to the C/L of the ball joint. I
> hope to restore that ratio with a pitman arm length change.

So you're using TWO TriCounty Gear arms, left and right, with the
tie-rod above the springs.. and the drag link to the center of the
tie-rod?  Or custom arms?

Full width axle..?

I'm thinking of something similar in the future for my driver.. but I
think I'll try my hand at my own steering arms, and try to match the
stock dimensions for the tie rod and drag link attachments.

I spoke to someone with a Chevy Blazer that used the TriCounty raised
arm and cross-over steering, and he said he has lock to lock steering
with 3 turns of the wheel (or some such).

TriCounty are the ones that mentioned the FSJ pitman arm - they said the
Scouts West guys use 'em since the TriCounty steering arm is shorter
than our stock arm, which makes for a very quick ratio steering setup.
I hope it's not *too* quick when I get the steering on my racer put
together..

Reminds me that I haven't called TriCounty to complain about the $125
knuckle they sent me that won't work..