RE: ps box steering arms

At 07:02 PM 5/12/99 , Farmer wrote:
>Tony Sobrito wrote:
>> Has anyone experimented with steering arm interchange between the
>> scout and
>> other saginaw power steering boxes from jeep, ford etc... I am more
>> concerned with the "clocking" of the arm related to its position on the
>> shaft, vs the tie rod taper. What will "bolt on to the stock
>> scout II box" ?
>
>Wouldn't that allow for a dropped pitman arm from another manufacturer?
>
>Ken Farmer

Ken, yes that could be one benefit. I am working on a spoa cross over
steering conversion that will use 2 steering arms bolted to the knuckle
tops. The steering ratio will change with both drag link and tie rod going
above the leaf springs while getting closer to the C/L of the ball joint. I
hope to restore that ratio with a pitman arm length change.
later
Tony