Re: 800 body parts

Message text written by Terry Rust
>Does anyone know if there are premade model 800 body parts available? I
need the area under the gas tanks on both sides of the outer body (where
they all rust through). I plan to weld in some panels, if I can find some.<

Terry,

  I don't know for sure if those particular patch panels are available
anywhere.  I did one side of mine by using 18 gauge steel that I formed to
the contour.  If you're lucky (like me) all your rust will be confined to
areas that don't have compound curves which makes forming a gentle curved
patch easy.  AT Scouts has replacement stuff like floors and rockers
available, but AFAIK not the panel you need.

  Be sure and grind the remaining metal well in the weld area.  Every 800
I've seen has galvanized rear quarters.  The galvanizing makes welding a
little tricky.

  BTW, Rust is an appropriate name for a Scout owner.

Doug