From: owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided (ihc-digest)
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: ihc-digest V6 #829
Date: Wed, May 12, 1999, 10:44 AM

Date: Wed, 12 May 99 10:11:18 -0600
From: David_Luebke@domain.elided
Subject: fuel bowel drainage

       >I'm saying fuel pump.  I have had a similar problem, and it
       was mainly fuel
       pump.  Once the diaphragm goes in the pump, the fuel starts
       leaking back.  This
       also would explain the delay in it starting once it drains
       back-takes a little
       longer to get back up there.  I also rebuilt the carb a little
       while after, and
       it helped even more, but I ended up killing the battery before
       I got the fuel
       pump fixed, and after this, it was much, much better.  I am
       reposting this to the
       digest as well, though, as someone may have a good reason that
       this reasoning is
       wrong!

       The inlet to the fuel bowel is higher than the bowel itself,
       so drain back would have to be caused by a vacaum from the feed
       line to the
       tank.   I know there is fuel in the line at the input to the
       pump.   My tank is open to air at the fuel neck.   Would this
       be possible?

       My fuel pump is realitily new, maybe 15 k miles  over 6 years
       old,  can the diaphragm go that quickly?