tquad problem/scout sighting

Am having a problem with my scout ('79 345/auto, tquad carb) that I hope you
guys can help me figure out.  All my other trucks have the holley, which I
understand, but the quad...
Had put foot to the firewall to pass, got around the other truck, let up on
the gas, and the scout just kept accelerating!  Thought that i'd just hung
up the linkage, but when I got it pulled over and looked, the linkage is
working fine.  It's running way rich now and idling at about 2500 rpm.
Obviously diesels pretty bad when I shut it down.  Anybody have any ideas as
to what's going on?
On a lighter note, was watching Fox this evening and they had a KFC/pizza
hut/taco bell commercial that tied in with Star Wars.  Pizza delivery babe
had a beautiful red scout 80 halfcab, lifted.  How come I never get anything
that looks as good as either of them delivering my pizza??!
Thanks in advance for the help on the carb problem.
John