Re: ihc-digest V6 #820

>Morning Digesters,
>
><< I have changed every one of my IH (small block) engines over to this dizzy.
>The reasons why ought to be pretty  obvious by now!
>
>Regards, Greg >>
>
>Anyone know if the 304 Delco type distributor will work in the 345?
>
>STeve

Yep. 266-304-345-392 distributors will all interchange. I have even used a
Delco dizzy from a 152-196 in a V-8--just grab an eight lobed points cam
from a Chebby delco, and replace the four lobed one with it, and install a
cap with an appropriate number of holes in it! :-)

Along those lines--one of the funnier "Why in #$% won't this thing run
right??!!??" puzzles for a Vo-Tech class can be to put a six lobed point
cam (from, say a 292 Chebby I-6 Delco dizzy) into an otherwise eight
cylinder dizzy on a V-8!!! (Or the inverse of that.) Hehehehehe!

Regards, Greg