Re: Can I???

>   Was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can convert a 1964 T'all 1000
>2x4 to a 4x4 setup?  Can I use the Dana 60 (rear) and Dana 44 (front) off
>any years of T'alls made?  Can all these changes be mated to a 3 on the
tree
>(manual) and 241 straight six?  Does anyone out there want to trade
>(straight across) a 241 Straight Six motor for a 304 to 345 V8?

"CAN" being the key term here, yes you can.  Do you want to?  Probably not.
The 1000 not having a solid front axle, from what we on the digest know, has
different mounting points for some of the hardware, and because of the
difference in springs, may even need complete fabrication of some mounts.
This has been done by some on the digest, though I can only think of it
being done in the later model years-'69-'75 models of the "bigger"
vehicles-PU's, T'alls, etc.  I believe it was Alan W. that did this, and he
may have some enlightenment.  If your truck that was 2WD had the solid front
axle set-up, this is a much easier conversion-almost falling into the
"bolt-up" category.
However, if you find a frame from a similar era Travelall, you can swap off
the body parts, or even leave the body complete, lift it off the frame, and
roll the other frame underneath it.  It just so happens that I have pone
laying around in the garage that I am trying to decide what to do with!  I
am assuming from your desire to NOT put out money for the engine that you
need to conserve the green stuff, but I am always willing to listen to trade
offfers, just (hopefully) not for other vehicles!  Oh, and BTW, thius frame
is in CA!

Good Luck!

Michael
I don't have a 304 or 345 that I want to swap for a 241, though!  Sorry!

Michael