T-Quad questions-near emergency!

Well, I rebuilt the Thermoquad on the Wagonmaster two weeks ago.
Installed
it and adjusted everything last week and it was running terrific.  I
noticed
that my fuel pump was leaking, so I took the thing off and replaced it.
Now, when I start it up, it runs terribly.  Sounds like it is running on

about half the cylinders and blows TONS o' smoke out the pipes!  It was
doing this prior to the rebuild about half of the time.  When I had it
back
together it seemed like the needles would get stuck in the open and
clkosed
poeitions, which I noted when I was rebuilding.  I assumed that when it
was
under the proper conditions-gas flowing in, causing the float to hop up
and
down and bump the needle, unseating it, causing it to work.  Do the
symptoms
I am describing sound like the needles are stuck open?  Or one side open
and
one side closed?  I thought I finally had it running right, and now
this!
Any ideas/suggestions?  Or for that matter, what are the recommended
replacements for this carb?  I have gotten the thing registered, and may

have the daily driver '64 T'all sold, so I need to make this my driver
for
now-as it is closer than any of the others to being at this point.  Any
help
would be greatly appreciated!!!

Michael