Re: Heads n' my 392

: But if I could just use a vacuum or blow the stuff out with the air
: compressor, I'd be much happier.

Sounds like a plan... if there are some "passages" that you need to get
into, I've had good luck Southern Engineering (200MPH tape)  a little length
of flex hose (I'm big on Tygon tubing! Great all around stuff, and makes a
wunnerful 'gag-proof' gas siphon!). I love my compressor vacuum.  Even my
fairly rigid OEM vacuum wand wouldn't miss a beat on sunflower seeds... it's
about 3/4" diameter.  It'd take an awful lot to clog / choke it. I imagine
yours is similar. Tape some flexible hose on so it could bend easily around
any walls/channels.  Only prob is, you'd be "blind" as to whether you missed
any.  You might _think_ you know where all the seeds are, but do you really?
A good vacuum would draw many hidden ones.  Again, sunflower seeds are
organic, and I bet are "soft" compared to a valve spring or whatever
crunching up/down on 'em.  Just my 2 cents! OTOH, I wouldn't think BLOWING
air in would be a Good Thing!

I'd  been off digest for a couple months, still s-l-o-w-l-y catching up on
back issues.  Now... I'm sure it's already been discussed, but I'm
curious... Ummm, how did the seeds come to be there?!  This sounds like a
problem <I> would have!

Later,

--Pete