Re: RE: Think before you buy...

Jeff,

I wasn't going to comment, but, well, you've pushed my button.

<< John,

No offence to your pretty, cute, little prissy new computer.
But just like my Scout,  my computer isn't the best looking vehicle out on
the street.
But I can say honestly say that "My computer Blows your little G3 out of the
water!">>

Unless you're running a Pentium  at over 650 mhz, then my response is NOT!
G3's are much faster than the same mhz Pentium, K6 or Cyrix chip.

<<NEVER BUY A COMPUTER FROM A FRUIT VENDOR!>>

I'm sure some people said "Never buy form an Ag dealer" too, when talking
about trucks. Both comments are just plain WRONG, as we all know.

<<Apple has been behind the times for years... they have no real marketing.
Look at what there pushing now... It's the same thing they tried before and
failed...
Oh well some people never learn.>>

Failed? #3 producer of computers. You call that failed? Don't have to learn.
A Mac is as easy to use as my stereo.

<<And besides who wants to pay twice as much for 50% less of a computer?
And also have to pay twice as much for software that is the same anyway
(even the manuals they put in with the software is the same for PC or
Mac...)>>

To be accurate, it should have read "twice as much for one and a half times
more computer". True, they are more expensive. Just like a Ferrari cost a
whole lot more for better performance.

<<And then you have about 20% of the software titles out there.  So your
choices are limited.  And you have no compatibility with the majority of
computer users.>>

Geez, just how many word processors do you use? More than one? My choices
aren't limited one bit. Quite frankly,  some of the best software is on the
Mac. Not only that, but I can run all the PC software on my Mac that you can
on your PC except for some real old copy protected PC software. I have
SoftWindows and it works just fine. One of the best Desktop Publishing
Programs on any platform runs only on an Atari computer. I can run Atari
software on my Mac using MagicCMac. I can run Linux. I can run DOS programs,
Playstation software, and many, many more software titles than you can even
imagine. So, in reality, it is your choices that are limited, not mine. Oh,
and I have TOTAL compatability. Can you run Mac software on your PC?

<<And that whole thing about Mac's being easier to use...
Well the truth is... IT'S NOT!!!!!>>

A number of magazines (PC & Mac) over the years, have taken non computer
users and had them try both PC's and Mac's and every single time the majority
of users say the Mac OS is simply easier to use.

<<Oh and one more thing...
The whole GUI (Graphical User Interface) or the whole windows look wasn't
invented by Apple... It was Xerox who first came up with this... so both
Apple or Microcrap stole it...>>

I think everyone knows that. Apple never claimed to invent it.

<<OK enough ranting...

Well Maybe not!

Leave the Apples for those Little Yuppie F^&ks who drive little cars that
match their new G3 computer...>>

Are you calling my Scout II a little car?

<<And build a real machine that will actually do the stuff you want it
to...(I.E. IH or computer.)>>

Only my Scout II and my Mac will do what I want them to do. No other vehicle
and no other computer can. By the way, I don't do games. I maintain a web
site, do Desktop Publishing, Graphics, Animation, CAD, etc.

<<AMD and IH.... the only way to go... (well... the DEC Alpha too)

Oh and anyone worried about some Y2K propaganda they've heard.. Send me an
e-mail and I'll tell you what you need to do if any.>>

If you have a Mac, you don't have to do anything. NOTHING!

<<To add some more IH content.. I was thinking of adding a computer in the
dash... with a little Active matrix screen that slides out and a GPS
system.... I just need to get all the parts rounded up...
Next thing you know I'll be painting it black, adding a moving red light in
the front, and changing my last name to Knight.....

Anyway Talk to you all later..

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted
http://members.xoom.com/ScoutII
Member of "The Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association"
http://www.off-road.com/~ifwda/
Member of Scouts West
http://www.scoutswest.com

No Offence John.. I'm sure there is a reason you needed a MAC.. >>

I need a Mac cuz it's just plain better. And lest you think I'm a newbie, I
got my first computer in 1981. I'm on my 13th system. I've used Atari's
Commodores & Amiga's, TI's, Timex's, PC's (8088, 286, 386, 486, Pentium's
etc-Dos, Win 3.11, 95 & 98) I've run PC software emulation in Atari's and
Mac's as well as PC cards in both.

Lastly, it's still called Plug N Pray on the PC side, and I STILL hear
comments every few weeks from our seasoned PC users at work about how they
installed the latest and greatest video card in their PC and now the sound
card doesn't work anymore.

No offense Jeff, there must be SOME reason you haven't upgraded to a Mac yet.

If anyone wants to discuss Mac vs PC, let's take it off digest. E-mail me
directly. And if any of you IH Mac users want to start a Mac webring, let me
know.

STeve - Still waiting to get a G3 Powerbook to use in my Scout