Re: efficiency

Where can I sign up for a 60% efficient internal combustion engine?

And what sad-sack power plant is running at 66%?? I thought they started
firing people when it dropped below like 95%.

Finally, if you can get refined gas out of crude oil at half-again the
efficiency of coal... THEN WHY DON"T THEY BURN GASOLINE TO HEAT THE
BOILERS???  The steam doesn't know the difference.

I'm sorry, but your numbers just don't make any sense.

The batteries are the (very, very) weak spot in the electricity chain, but
otherwise all I've ever heard (from my BSEE and MSEE classes, working with
nuke people right now, and having some contact with steam turbine people a
while ago) is that generation and xmission of electricity is pretty darn
efficient.

And as far as the i/c engine, Reeves Callaway (a performance enthuasiast's
god) calls it "a triumph of refinement over design."

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA