Re: holley carb

>i have a 1977 IH Scout II with a 304 it nows has a stock carb. 2-barrel
>intake. I am wanting to get a new carb. I was wondering does the Holley
>500cfm 2-barrel 2300 series carbs bolt right on to the manifold? if not what
>parts would i need and will a stock air cleaner fit it?
>Thanks,
>    Matt Cason

The 350 and the 500 both fit.

The stock air cleaner will fit.

What you need to check--is the diameter of the throttles in the carb
(especially the 500) are likely to be bigger than the diameter of the holes
in the manifold underneath it.

To fix this--you need to take the manifold off of the engine, and have a
machine shop bore the holes in the manifold out to the same diaeter as the
throttle bores of the carb you decide to use. Each hole needs to be bored
clear to the bottom, where it opens up into the plenum (one hole is longer
than the other).

If you just mount the carb without boring out the holes, you would probably
lose performance.

Regards, Greg