From: owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided (ihc-digest)
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: ihc-digest V6 #792
Date: Fri, Apr 30, 1999, 4:05 PM

Now that I think about this... your high speed miss could possibly be
caused by a severe enough rotor phase error with the Pertronix.  Let's
say
your rotor phase is off to start with at idle TDC.  As the distributor
RPMs
increase, the mechanical advance would move the rotor even further
from the
terminal and at some point the spark will jump to the wrong terminal.
The
spark will take the path of least resistance, which is the closest
terminal
to the rotor... or a ground in some cases.