345 to 392

Digesters,
    My dad just rebuilt his 68 ford's 240 straight six. in the proccess,
he converted
it to a 300 by giving it a 300 crank and 300 rods.
    I was just wondering if it is easy to convert a 345 to a 392 by
boring it
and replacing the crank, rods, and pistons. If this is possible, then it
would always
make sense to convert it over if you were going to replace all thoes
parts anyway.
You could even leave the same heads on if you wanted the higher
compression.'
    BTW, we take all our machine work to the same place. when i took my
345 heads in
for rebuilding, the machinist said every thing looks real good. he
shimed the springs.
and gave it a 3 angle valve job. and charged me about 200$. But my dad's
f%$d head
was completly trashed. it needed new valves, guides, springs, and
hardened seats. of
corse, it cost him loads of money. Both of our engines were high-milage
abused engines.
GO IH! Of corse i always give him crap about not buying a Intermational.
"you wouldnt
have that (insert problem) problem if you had bought a Scout"